Right this moment, formally referred to as Domainween (however actually solely by me), WooCommerce.com grew to become Woo.com. If you happen to’re studying this (which I can solely assume you might be), you’re already dwelling on this courageous new world. Woo.com is now the house for all issues Woo: our platform, market, company program, partnerships, and extra.
Why Woo? Why now?
“Woo” is what number of loyal prospects have referred to us for years. And now we’re leaning into that title for our firm and model. It’s a enjoyable, punchy title that reveals how excited we’re to empower success for retailers and builders. Switching to Woo.com is a part of this bigger technique.
The transfer to Woo additionally permits us to standardize and streamline the names of our services and products. For instance, we lately renamed WooCommerce Funds to WooPayments, and we’re progressively altering different product names to assist this simplified naming system and higher join our core software program, extensions, and applications.
So what do I name you?
You may name us Woo, WooCommerce, Their Supreme Wooness — no matter you’d like. However if you wish to be particular:
- Woo is how we seek advice from the model/firm.
- WooCommerce is the open-source ecommerce platform for WordPress — Woo’s core product.
Will the rest be altering? Will all the pieces nonetheless work the identical? Change is difficult?
Don’t be scared. We’re tackling all the technical modifications required on our facet:
- Any modifications to extension names shall be automated and will require no motion.
- Woo retailers might even see a notice in regards to the area title change of their dashboard or emails, however no motion needs to be obligatory.
- Woo’s companions, distributors, and builders have already ready for the change.
What if I’m having a difficulty?
Tell us! Reach out to our Happiness Engineers, and so they’ll be completely satisfied (no pun) to assist.