The choice to undertake a marketing automation migration process doesn’t come straightforward. It entails loads of analysis, and aside from that, it additionally requires cautious planning to achieve the outcomes and resolve the ache factors of your present advertising automation platform with out main disruptions in your present initiatives. A latest report we performed revealed that the highest expertise built-in with CRM options are advertising automation and e mail advertising functions (49% of the respondents claimed so). Greater than this, the identical report revealed that misaligned processes throughout advertising and gross sales inhibit reaching enterprise targets and want to make sure environment friendly, data-driven alignment across sales and marketing teams through CRM. Thus, listening to Advertising and marketing Automation andCRM compatibility ought to all the time be accounted for.
Though such selections have the potential to breathe new life into the best way your Advertising and marketing division operates, it’s a challenge you can’t underestimate. This weblog put up will present you the way an identical course of normally works and, most significantly, find out how to deal with your most necessary asset: your knowledge.
Begin With an Total Image of Your Present State of affairs
You may’t simply begin migrating to a brand new platform. It’s essential to set clear calls for and steps for the migration challenge. Though many would assume that related functionalities will translate identically between your outdated and new platform, there are just a few factors you have to be aware of.
- What belongings and applications are essential and must be migrated?
- Are there any prior integrations (with your CRM, for instance) you will need to re-establish together with your subsequent MA platform
- How deeply should you clear your present database earlier than migration.
- How will you interpret the primary few months of reporting together with your new software with out historic knowledge?
These are the few important questions that administration and the folks answerable for the migration course of must reply. It will act as an preliminary danger evaluation and should be totally performed.
Like with all huge initiatives, timing is important once you determine to change MA platforms. Typically, you have to to price range wherever between three to 4 months to implement it. Naturally, you have to to decelerate all of your present processes and campaigns and different resource-intensive initiatives inside the Advertising and marketing division.
- Use this time of slower initiatives to permit your division to get a grip on the brand new software and grasp processes inside it.
- Designate a workforce to grasp coaching and assist inside your division.
- Resolve on a cross-over interval that can assist you to transition between your present and subsequent MA platform. It will assist you to regularly transfer your operations on the brand new platform with out main operational hiccups.
- Break down process duties and documented definitions for key phrases and processes, equivalent to life cycle modeling, lead qualification standards, and so on.
To empower your workforce to seamlessly contribute to the migration course of, you want to arrange Directors in your subsequent MA platform. They are going to want extra permissions to deal with advanced processes, equivalent to shifting your outdated database to your new platform. When you create admin accounts for a few of your workforce members and share the credentials with them, you’ll be able to kick off the information migration course of.
And, onto the primary level of this weblog article: knowledge migration. We stated it, and everyone is aware of it: your tech stack is simply as useful as the information it holds, and this stays true for MA platforms, too. However knowledge migration comes with a sequence of challenges:
- Outdated Knowledge: One foremost problem firms face when switching their outdated Advertising and marketing databases is out of date and inaccurate knowledge. This may be rapidly solved via a knowledge cleaning course of, which requires a workforce effort. See which accounts nonetheless maintain related knowledge, replace outdated knowledge, and in some circumstances, you’ll be able to even delete outdated data which are not related to your small business,
- Knowledge Loss: Knowledge loss is one other frequent concern when migrating knowledge. To keep away from this, guarantee that you’re testing for knowledge loss and corruption, even from the strategy planning stage.
- Knowledge Safety: To guard your knowledge, just remember to encrypt all of your knowledge earlier than migrating.
- Planning Hiccups: Not all database migration initiatives are easy sails. In your Advertising and marketing division’s case, for those who use completely different instruments for various advertising duties, as an example, a different email marketing and marketing automation tool, make certain to find all databases. Then determine find out how to convert all knowledge sorts and normalize your knowledge from disparate sources.
- Your Migration Technique: Many firms make the error of not deciding on a migration technique that matches their wants and present scenario. It’s finest to debate your present scenario together with your subsequent MA platform vendor and see if they’ve useful enter.
At first sight, this appears to be like like an inconceivable process, however some benefits derive from such initiatives:
- Lowered prices, improved efficiency, and elevated scalability that derives from shifting from an on-premise database to a cloud-based database;
- Merge knowledge from disparate sources for a 360-degree view of your initiatives and operations.
Advertising and marketing Automation Database Migration: How To
As you’ll anticipate, database migration is a posh, multi-step course of. It begins with assessing your present database, and it stands upon your stable migration technique. Under are the steps you want to map out for a seamless migration.
1. Have a look at Your Present Database
To get a very good grip on the complete migration course of, you first want to know your supply database and attempt to reply the next questions:
- How huge is your present database? This issues as a result of your database complexity will decide the time and sources essential to efficiently full this challenge.
- How huge are your database tables? Million-record databases will most definitely require appropriate instruments to help you.
- What knowledge sorts does your database maintain? Migrating between completely different databases will all the time require conversion schemas that will help you obtain the migration course of.
2. Have a look at The Knowledge
On this step, you’ll must profile your supply knowledge and, most significantly, outline its high quality guidelines. It will make it easier to overcome the above talked about challenges, equivalent to inconsistencies and duplicate or incorrect knowledge. It could appear to be loads of work. Nonetheless, this step is important because it helps get rid of the dangers related to skipping it: delays, price range points, and even full database migration failure.
3. Knowledge Conversions
In some circumstances, database migration happens between completely different engines (assume from SQL to Oracle databases). Whereas guide conversions are potential, utilizing a knowledge migration software with conversion schemas is finest to hurry up the method and keep away from points.
4. Take a look at Your Migration Technique
When migrating knowledge, it’s all the time finest to begin small and construct upon that regularly. Begin with a small subset of knowledge, profile it, and convert the schema. That is simpler than executing the entire migration directly, and it poses fewer dangers because it means that you can enhance and adapt. This additionally helps you make sure that all mappings and transformations work as they need to. When you determine the technique works, you’ll be able to regularly improve the information quantity you need to migrate.
Other than the steps above, we’ve just a few further ideas that will help you in your MA migration course of:
- Just remember to combine your new MA platform together with your CRM first. This offers you the safety that each platforms run in tandem and are synchronized, and you can begin gathering additional contact data earlier than the migration course of is full.
- Be certain that to map out fields for Contact and Account data in your new MA software. One other facet that contributes to having absolutely synchronized knowledge. It is going to additionally provide the peace of thoughts that that knowledge can be utilized appropriately to automate advertising interactions as quickly because the migration course of is over.
- Suppression lists matter. This helps you make sure you’re aware of your do-not-contact data in your database.
- Due to GDPR and different laws, make sure that your data have confirmed their consent or reliable curiosity so that you can have them in your database.
Advertising and marketing Automation platform knowledge migration is a posh process. For this reason you want to make sure that the seller you choose on your subsequent automation endeavors is ready to leap in and information you with useful data and recommendation. For those who’re concerned with how we’re serving to our prospects migrate to our Advertising and marketing Automation software, learn our Practitioners Guide to Marketing Automation or get in contact with us and let’s chat!